Sunday, September 21, 2008

Twilight


This weekend I have been in Ft. Worth babysitting my niece. We have had a blast. On Friday, we went to Target (her favorite store) and made cupcakes. While at Target, I purchased a book to read in the evenings and during her nap times. Yesterday, we went to Hulen Mall and to the Container Store,which I love. It was fun and then we settled in for a quiet afternoon at home. We have watched The Aristocats and 101 Dalmations too many times to count but I love how excited she gets about Pongo and how afraid she gets when Cruella Deville is on. I remember having those same feelings as a child. Back to the real subject of this post. Twilight is close to 500 pages and I really haven't been susceptible to all the hype surrounding this book due to the fact that it involves vampires. I HATE VAMPIRES. I saw one vampire movie when I was little and have had nightmares ever since. To my surprise or demise, I'm not sure which, I could not put this book down. I read it from cover to cover in less than 48 hours and cannot wait to go buy the sequel, New Moon. By the way, the movie comes out November 21 and although that is 8 days before my wedding, you know I will be in line at the theater for tickets. I cannot say enough about this book. I know it is technically for teenagers but Harry Potter was for kids too. I think this saga is going to be so much better than Harry Potter and I am willing to put my money where my mouth is. Read it and you will understand.


1 comment:

Ang said...

I haven't read Twilight but I have an issue with books that encourage 1) violene between partners and B) encourages the victim to make excuses for her abuser.